Monday, November 30, 2009

Will my hamsters survive with the cargo for a 45 minute flight on an airplane?

My plane i'm going on won't allow me to bring my hamsters for carry on. Is it dangerous for them to be with the cargo?Will my hamsters survive with the cargo for a 45 minute flight on an airplane?
As long as the airline puts them in a heated and pressurized cargo hold (like any other pet), they'll be fine.





Check with your airline. If you're flying Southwest, you won't be able to bring them on at all. They have a strict no-pet policy.





I'm curious though. A 45 minute plane ride is only a couple hundred miles by car. You could drive.Will my hamsters survive with the cargo for a 45 minute flight on an airplane?
Rodents are forbidden to travel on commercial aircraft.


What if the rodents got loose and chewed on the plane's electrical wiring.
I'm not that sure. Check with a vet. Also, confirm from the airline that the cargo compartment of the very plane you are flying in is pressurized. If not, there'll be no pressure, no oxygen and the temperature would be -50 degrees Celsius. Good luck !
your best bet would be to check with a veterinarian. Poor guy. To bad you could not squeeze him into your carry on hand bag....he is so little...maybe check your airline too. Good luck. BV

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credot siosse