Monday, June 21, 2010

How much time should I wait before collecting a small Arowana thats arrived in the LFS in 9 hrs by air cargo?

The fish is expected on Monday, travelling from Indonesia to India by ';live'; air cargo, and shall come to the aquarium shop with whom I have ordered the fish. It's a 6'; RTG Arowana. Should I collect it immdtly on arrival to them or give it 48-72 hrs to settle down.. my tank set up is up and running for the reception..How much time should I wait before collecting a small Arowana thats arrived in the LFS in 9 hrs by air cargo?
Since you ordered the fish, then I presumed you already paid for it or have placed a sizable sum as deposit for it.





You should collect it immediately on arrival and acclimate it to your tank. Acclimatizing it to your dealer's tank for 2 to 3 days, and then transferring it to your tank will only stress out the fish even more.How much time should I wait before collecting a small Arowana thats arrived in the LFS in 9 hrs by air cargo?
Freshwater fish are a little more resilient than saltwater. Most saltwater fish I recommend a couple of days. If your LFS is a good reputable one you should be able to put a deposit on the fish and ask them to hold it a couple of days until they can get it to eat.





That is very reasonable.
Does the aquarium store guarantee the shippment....or have you already paid for it and you have no warranty....That is an extremely expensive fish where i am from...I would personally let the LFS make sure it is healthy if they are warrantying it. If not..or if the LFS is not very good I would pick the fish up the minute it arrives and acclimate it only once. It depends on how skilled the pet store owner is...and whether they guarantee the shippment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credot siosse