Monday, June 21, 2010

I bought a cargo van and want to turn it into a camper. what do I need to run my fridge/laptop when it is off?

I just bought a cargo van and want to travel around the states. What kind of power supply do I need to run the fridge, laptop, Forman grill when the van is off?I bought a cargo van and want to turn it into a camper. what do I need to run my fridge/laptop when it is off?
First off, they no longer make three-way refrigerators because they drew too much amperage on 12 volts. However, propane/110 VAC units are commonly available. Assuming that you will be staying in regular campgrounds, then you will be using the propane while you are traveling and the 110 when you are plugged in at the campground. Of course, most motorhomes also carry a small generator onboard for another option. You should be able to get a 12 volt adapter for your laptop so you can plug it into the 12V power port (formally known as the cigarette lighter socket) when going down the road. Also know that motorhomes run dual batteries, one for starting the engine and a deep cycle battery for running the lights, thermostat, coach 12V power ports, ventilation fans, smoke and carbon monoxide monitors, etc. There are plenty of battery isolators on the market to do the job of charging both batteries but only discharging the coach battery when parked. I think that either Chilton or Clymer have a universal motorhome manual that may be of assistance to you in this project.


Feel free to send me an e-mail here.I bought a cargo van and want to turn it into a camper. what do I need to run my fridge/laptop when it is off?
You will need a propane system and a 3-way (propane/12v/115vac) fridge.





You will also need a big 12v cabin battery, a 12v inverter and converter.





then you should be in good shape for power.
  • Electric Bicycle
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    credot siosse