Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My Quest gets about 20 mpg on the highway, what will it get if I tow a 6X12 enclosed cargo trailer?

It will have a very light load. We are trying to decide if it would save a lot of money to tow it and sleep in it on a 10 day road trip instead of cheap hotels. We would still have to pay for shower facilities along the way.My Quest gets about 20 mpg on the highway, what will it get if I tow a 6X12 enclosed cargo trailer?
That really depends on weight of trailer , type of highway traveling , flat ground , hills . Also weather conditions and whether the wind is at the back pushing or are you going to be fighting a head wind or crosswind .


There are a lot of factors to determine the mph for any car or truck .My Quest gets about 20 mpg on the highway, what will it get if I tow a 6X12 enclosed cargo trailer?
You will get around 12mpg. I would sleep in it. There are no cheap hotels anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credot siosse